Skilled Trades FAST TRACK: 2 YEARS OR LESS
by: Troops to Trades
April 20, 2015
By Dan Fazio
Construction is back with a vengeance, and many of this year’s Military Friendly Employers® tell us they are having a hard time recruiting skilled tradesmen and women. If you learned a trade in the military as a welder, electrician or plumber, for example, you should have no problem finding a good job.
If you didn’t, no worries. You can learn many trades in a matter of months – and there are plenty of schools and companies willing to train you. So find your niche, get trained and get started on the rest of your life.
Hot Degrees, Diplomas & Certs
• Welding Certification or Associate Degree
• Electrician Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree
• Pipe Fitting Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree
• HVAC Technician Certificate or Associate Degree
• General Carpentry Certificate or Associate Degree
• Instrumentation Technology Certificate or Associate Degree
• Plumbing Certificate or Associate Degree