We Help Veterans Get Hired
We Value What You’ve Learned and Accomplished; We’ll Teach You the Rest, Fast!
Troops To Trades was started in order to honor the thousands of individuals transitioning into the civilian workforce, and to help them find satisfying and successful careers. Troops to Trades is a program of the Nexstar Legacy Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3), that provides scholarships and career contacts within the plumbing, heating/cooling and electrical residential services industries. It works with small to mid-sized businesses across the United Sates to help them locate potential employees, especially technical service employees.
As a veteran, if you have an honorable discharge, or a National Guard or Reserve Member you are eligible to apply for the Troops to Trades program. When you apply and are accepted we will work with you to determine what training you need to enhance your skills as a HVAC technician, electrician or plumber and provide a short term training experience at no cost to you. Then we will work with you to help you find a job in the residential service industry in whatever community you are looking to live in. Even if you have experience in the industry, you will receive help in finding a position within the industry by completing the Troops to Trades application.
Troops To Trades helps veterans by:
- Providing all-expense-paid training grants to technical, service and sales training programs
- Providing scholarships for veterans currently in an educational program
- Providing information on careers in the home services industry
- Providing connections to businesses that are looking to train and hire service techs
If you are accepted into our program you will received short term training at no cost to you that will get you ready to work with a company and we will help you locate work in the residential service industry in whatever community you are looking to live in (we don’t work with construction, industrial or commercial).
Steps to Getting Involved:
- Take a look at the Business Network for companies in your area and reach out to them, let them know your interest
- Fill out our Troops to Trades application
- Applications take up to 8 weeks to process. We will let you know the results.
- Once you are accepted into the program you will be contacted and the best options for you will be presented
- A training program or scholarship that fits your needs will be offered
- You will be given information to connect with a business for work
- We will be available to support you throughout the job seeking period and even after you are in your career